Statement of Beliefs
Calvary Chapel Castle Rock is a fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ. Our greatest desire is to know Christ and to be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that:
- the true basis of Christian fellowship is God’s love, which is greater than our differences.
- the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts.
- there is one true, living God, who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Each is equal in power and glory. He created all, upholds all, and rules all.
- God the Father is infinite, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He concerns Himself in the affairs of people. He hears and answers prayers. He saves all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ from their sins.
- Jesus Christ is God’s only son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. He died to save us from the consequences of our sin. He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven to advocate on behalf of all His people.
- the Holy Spirit came to convict the world of sin and to prepare those who believe in Christ for ministry. The Holy Spirit lives inside every believer to help, teach, and guide us. To further empower believers in ministry, the Holy Spirit endows us with spiritual gifts.
- all people are sinners and worthy of condemnation, but God regenerates us through the Holy Spirit if we repent of our sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. Jesus Christ cleanses believers with the Holy Spirit and empowers them for ministry.
- the Lord Jesus Christ commanded the Church to do two things: 1.) baptism, which means that believers are immersed in water to demonstrate obedience to God through an outward display of commitment, and 2.) communion, which means that believers partake in bread and grape juice to remember and reflect on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth to establish his kingdom for one thousand years. The body of believers will be resurrected; nonbelievers will be infinitely separated from God, and believers will spend eternity with God.